World Milk Day is celebrated annually in many countries worldwide, providing an opportunity to focus attention on milk as a global food central to health and well-being across cultures and nations, and to highlight the contributions connected with milk and the overall dairy industry. To celebrate this, Alaska will have a running event with four (4) categories: 3KM, 3KM Family, 5KM and 10KM.
Alaska Milk Day 2016 is scheduled for Saturday, June 11, 2016 at Mckinley West, Taguig, SM City Naga, SM Seaside Cebu and SM City Davao.
- All participants must wear their assigned Bib/Race number. Participants not wearing their race number will be taken off the course and is not allowed to win.
- Participants who commence before his/her actual start/gun time will be disqualified.
- On the cue of a start shot, the starting line rope shall be released to indicate the start of the fun run. Cyclist Marshals and a pace car shall guide the participants along the route of the fun run.
- For 3KM Family category - family members should cross the finish line at the same time.
- Six (6) water stations will be available on the indicated portions of the route.
- Paramedics will be on stand-by at designated portions of the route.
- A sweeper (car or van or truck) shall pick-up the runners who cannot run anymore for health reasons. Marshals patrolling the route are in charge to assess the participants' conditions.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel the event without notice should they consider this necessary for safety reasons. However, the organizers will exert all means to post prior notice, whenever possible, at the race website for any change to the event details, or for cancellation of the event due to inclement weather and/or force majeure.
- No dogs permitted to accompany runners.